The Canadian Emergency Bank Account

CEBA Video Session

 

In order to best understand the complexities of the Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy, Stacey Bartel wil explain the in's and out of the CEBA and how to apply

CEBA Canadian Emergency Business Account

 

 

 

Canada Emergency Business Account

This is an interest free loan for up to $40,000 to small businesses or non-profit to cover the operating costs when the income is temporarily reduced.  This will be a separate bank account that will be funded as a revolving line of credit.

  • Businesses must enroll for the Canada Emergency Business Account at their primary financial institution where they have an existing business banking account and cannot apply at more than one financial institution. Doing so may result in legal prosecution by the federal government.
  • To qualify, businesses will need to demonstrate they paid between $50,000 to $1 million in total payroll in 2019.  To confirm this, you will have to provide business number and the amount in Box 14 of you 2019 T4 Summary of Remuneration Paid.  A copy of your T4 Summary may be requested.
  • Your business has been a registered and operational business on or before March 1, 2020.
  • The person enrolling for the Canada Emergency Business Account must have the ability and authority to act on behalf the organization.
  • As per the requirements set out by the Government of Canada, you will agree to use funds from this loan to pay for operating costs that cannot be deferred, such as payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, debt payments and property tax.

          Repayment Schedule

                   December 31st, 2020

                   Any outstanding balance will be converted to a non-revolving 5-year term loan which matures December 31st, 2025, at this point the balance is to be paid in full. 

                   December 31st, 2022

                   If 75% of the balance of the loan is paid back at this point, the remaining 25% of the loan could be forgiven.  (ie if the loan was for $40K and $30K is paid back - $10K could be forgiven).  The interest free period of the loan is over.

                   January 1st, 2023

                   Interest starts accruing at a rate of 5% per annum and is payable monthly on the last day.

 

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© O.B.S. Financial Ltd.

This website was created using 1&1 IONOS MyWebsite.