The payment for seniors provides support through a one-time payment:
- $300 for seniors eligible for the Old Age Security pension, and
- an additional $200 for seniors eligible for the Guaranteed Income Supplement
This measure will give a total of $500 to seniors who receive both the Old Age Security pension and the Guaranteed Income Supplement, and will help them cover increased costs caused by
Seniors Economic Recovery Credit provides a $200 one-time,
refundable tax credit to Manitoba seniors facing additional costs due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as grocery deliveries and technology purchases to stay connected to loved ones.
- Manitoba Finance mailed an advance payment of $200 to
seniors who filed a 2018 income tax return (last year's filing) in May or June 2020.
- Those who do did not receive a cheque in the mail in May or
June 2020, can claim the $200 Seniors Economic Recovery Credit on their 2020 income tax return.
- Seniors aged 65+ in 2020
- Seniors who live in Manitoba in 2020
- Seniors who file an income tax return as a Manitoba