The payment for seniors provides support through a one-time payment:
- $300 for seniors eligible for the Old Age Security Pension, and
- an additional $200 for seniors eligible for the Guaranteed Income Supplement
This measure will give a total of $500 to seniors who receive both the Old Age Security Pension and the Guaranteed Income Supplement, and will help them cover
additional costs caused by COVID-19.
Seniors Economic Recovery
Credit provides a $200 one-time, refundable tax credit to Manitoba seniors facing additional costs due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as grocery deliveries and technology purchases to stay connected
to loved ones.
- Manitoba Finance mailed an
advance payment of $200 to seniors who filed a 2018 income tax return (last year's filing) in May or June 2020.
- Those who did not receive a
cheque in the mail in May or June 2020, can claim the $200 Seniors Economic Recovery Credit on their 2020 income tax return.
- Seniors aged 65+ in
- Seniors living within
Manitoba in 2020
- Seniors who file an income
tax return as a Manitoba resident